Sunday, May 20, 2012

proliferation of silence


scientific argument looms lunaticlarge
international community shouts realdollars
developed world in educated superiority
developing world grasping vermin of society
accusations pointed both at each, rife
foundations fund concoctions of antidote
shout publicity of humanitarian aid
scientific argument looms lunaticloud

silently, my car zeros at the traffic light
surveying the numb ooze of idyllic city scenes
swamped by orphaned toddlers up on tippy-toes
gazing blankly into my quiet home comfort
glue bottle readying the quite cold comfort
silent unsaid messages stated loud and clear
I stare blankly through their veiled pleas
silently, my heart zeros at the traffic light

silently, I sit at your side, next to you
bedclothes steaming, a crumpled tangle
eyes adrift in a tempestuous, stormy sea
misdirected and focusing behind beyond
many unasked answers in your emaciated face
government plods ponderously, retro-virally
society silences the inevitable, we silence silence
silently, I sit far from your side, next to you

No comments:

Post a Comment